发表于 2023-9-23 17:15 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
用电脑打开了,研究下
发表于 2023-9-23 17:17 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
但是只能看到摘要,看不到全文。这篇不是open access
 楼主| 发表于 2023-9-23 17:34 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
ninelu 发表于 2023-9-23 17:14
链接打不开,能否截图一下摘要和结论项?

Abstract
Intelligence quotient (IQ) is a standardized measure of human intellectual capacity that takes into account a wide range of cognitive skills1. IQ is generally considered to be stable across the lifespan, with scores at one time point used to predict educational achievement and employment prospects in later years1. Neuroimaging allows us to test whether unexpected longitudinal fluctuations in measured IQ are related to brain development. Here we show that verbal and non-verbal IQ can rise or fall in the teenage years, with these changes in performance validated by their close correlation with changes in local brain structure. A combination of structural and functional imaging showed that verbal IQ changed with grey matter in a region that was activated by speech, whereas non-verbal IQ changed with grey matter in a region that was activated by finger movements. By using longitudinal assessments of the same individuals, we obviated the many sources of variation in brain structure that confound cross-sectional studies. This allowed us to dissociate neural markers for the two types of IQ and to show that general verbal and non-verbal abilities are closely linked to the sensorimotor skills involved in learning. More generally, our results emphasize the possibility that an individual’s intellectual capacity relative to their peers can decrease or increase in the teenage years. This would be encouraging to those whose intellectual potential may improve, and would be a warning that early achievers may not maintain their potential.
 楼主| 发表于 2023-9-23 17:35 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
ninelu 发表于 2023-9-23 17:17
但是只能看到摘要,看不到全文。这篇不是open access

如果可以打开BBC的链接的话,有下面这篇报道比较完整:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-15369851
 楼主| 发表于 2023-9-23 17:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
BBC报道的全文:
The mental ability of teenagers can improve or decline on a far greater scale than previously thought, according to new research.

Until now the assumption has been that intellectual capacity, as measured by IQ, stays quite static during life.

But tests conducted on teenagers at an average age of 14 and then repeated when their average age was nearly 18 found improvements - and deterioration.

The findings are published in the journal Nature.

They have implications for how pupils are assessed, and the age at which decisions about their futures are made.

This study involved 19 boys and 14 girls, all undergoing a combination of brain scans and verbal and non-verbal IQ tests in 2004 and then in 2008.

The results show that a change in verbal IQ was found in 39% of the teenagers, with 21% showing a change in "performance IQ" - a test of spatial reasoning.

The findings are seen to have greater validity because for the first time the variations in IQ correlated with changes in two particular areas of the teenagers' brains.

An increase in verbal IQ corresponded with a growth in the density of part of the left motor cortex - a region activated during speech.

And an increase in non-verbal IQ correlated with a rise in the density of the anterior cerebellum - an area associated with movements of the hand.

The work was led by Professor Cathy Price of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at University College London and is published in the journal Nature.

The paper suggests that the results could be "encouraging to those whose intellectual potential may improve and… a warning that early achievers may not maintain their potential".

Professor Price said: "We have a tendency to assess children and determine the course of their education relatively early in life.

"But here we have shown that their intelligence is likely to be still developing.

"We have to be careful not to write off poorer performers at an early age when in fact their IQ may improve significantly given a few more years."

The research did not seek to understand the causes of the changes.

One explanation is that teenagers mature at relatively different ages - with "early" and "late" developers - while relative standards in education may play a part too.

One of the participants, Sebastian Friston, now aged 23, recorded a marked increase in IQ between the two tests - from average to one of the highest categories.

Educated in the state sector, he told me he had struggled in his early years, needing remedial maths tuition, but is now planning a doctorate in computer engineering.

"I think the change came in school I started doing subjects that really interested me, that I was engaged in, then I found it easier and far more interesting."

The research was funded by the Wellcome Trust, one of many projects supported under its programme of Understanding the Brain.

Future work may focus on how adaptable the brain may be beyond teenage years, and the implications for tackling mental diseases and other neurological conditions.
发表于 2023-9-23 17:52 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
哈利不特别 发表于 2023-09-23 17:46
BBC报道的全文:
The mental ability of teenagers can improve or decline on a far greater scale than previously thought, according to new research.

Until now the assumption has been that intellectual capacity, as measured by IQ, stays quite static during life.

But tests conducted on teenagers at an average age of 14 and then repeated when their average age was nearly 18 found improvements - and deterioration.

The findings are published in the journal Nature.

They have implications for how pupils are assessed, and the age at which decisions about their futures are made.

This study involved 19 boys and 14 girls, all undergoing a combination of brain scans and verbal and non-verbal IQ tests in 2004 and then in 2008.

The results show that a change in verbal IQ was found in 39% of the teenagers, with 21% showing a change in "performance IQ" - a test of spatial reasoning.

The findings are seen to have greater validity because for the first time the variations in IQ correlated with changes in two particular areas of the teenagers' brains.

An increase in verbal IQ corresponded with a growth in the density of part of the left motor cortex - a region activated during speech.

And an increase in non-verbal IQ correlated with a rise in the density of the anterior cerebellum - an area associated with movements of the hand.

The work was led by Professor Cathy Price of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at University College London and is published in the journal Nature.

The paper suggests that the results could be "encouraging to those whose intellectual potential may improve and… a warning that early achievers may not maintain their potential".

Professor Price said: "We have a tendency to assess children and determine the course of their education relatively early in life.

"But here we have shown that their intelligence is likely to be still developing.

"We have to be careful not to write off poorer performers at an early age when in fact their IQ may improve significantly given a few more years."

The research did not seek to understand the causes of the changes.

One explanation is that teenagers mature at relatively different ages - with "early" and "late" developers - while relative standards in education may play a part too.

One of the participants, Sebastian Friston, now aged 23, recorded a marked increase in IQ between the two tests - from average to one of the highest categories.

Educated in the state sector, he told me he had struggled in his early years, needing remedial maths tuition, but is now planning a doctorate in computer engineering.

"I think the change came in school I started doing subjects that really interested me, that I was engaged in, then I found it easier and far more interesting."

The research was funded by the Wellcome Trust, one of many projects supported under its programme of Understanding the Brain.

Future work may focus on how adaptable the brain may be beyond teenage years, and the implications for tackling mental diseases and other neurological conditions.

39%还挺高的比例。我对我家在初中后期智商突变好像有了点信心
发表于 2023-9-23 18:39 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国
主要是很多人物理学不会了
发表于 2023-9-23 20:38 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
你可以去看看儿童发展心理学的文章

一般孩子的抽象思维理解力在初中阶段才发育好,而每个人的抽象思维能力水平是不一致的,有人终生也无法理解好抽象的东西

物理和高级一些的数学是需要抽象理解力的
发表于 2023-9-23 22:39 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
kaisl 发表于 2023-09-23 18:39
主要是很多人物理学不会了

不会吧,初中物理简直就是小学课内应用题的水平。。。
发表于 2023-9-23 22:54 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国浙江
希望如此 但是觉得有点神奇
发表于 2023-9-23 22:59 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
第一次听说唉。   
发表于 2023-9-23 23:24 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
现象知道,道理才知道
发表于 2023-9-24 01:27 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
mianbaochen 发表于 2023-09-23 22:39
不会吧,初中物理简直就是小学课内应用题的水平。。。

物理题的后半部分总归要用数学来解决
发表于 2023-9-24 10:31 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
kaisl 发表于 2023-09-23 18:39
主要是很多人物理学不会了

初中物理这点东西……
发表于 2023-9-24 13:05 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
初中物理算文科
发表于 2023-9-24 16:39 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
"I think the change came in school I started doing subjects that really interested me, that I was engaged in, then I found it easier and far more interesting." 这段最有用
发表于 2023-9-24 23:56 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
初二有点晚 z希望早点
发表于 2023-9-25 12:12 来自手机浏览器 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国江苏徐州
初二,理化上来以后,分水岭就显现了。
楼上说初中物理很简单的,是没有遇到一些刁钻的题目,拉开差距的都是难度不小的题。

到了高中,理科的智力差距就更大了
发表于 2023-9-25 12:25 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
初二分水岭                           
发表于 2023-9-26 09:22 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
就是发育时间点不一样呀啊。最明显的,男生变声,女生初潮时间,早晚可以差距2-3年。
发表于 2023-9-27 10:36 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
kaisl 发表于 2023-9-23 18:39
主要是很多人物理学不会了

我同学的女儿就是,后来转去了体制外,当时我看着她搞物理非常痛苦
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|千帆网 ( 沪ICP备15002998号-1 )上海千教教育科技有限公司,邮箱:admin@qianfanedu.cn 举报电话:54804512

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 10:52 , Processed in 0.054203 second(s), 14 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表